Ethical Clothing = 1. Clothing that is made from resources produced with little environmental impact or 2. Clothing made with improved human rights practices. There is no way I can list every source of socially responsible merchandise. Terms to search for on your own “SweatFree” “Conscience Consumer Guide” but be careful that you don’t misinterpret what they say, these terms can be misleading if they are not regulated and certified. See my blog post here for definitions and certifications for various terms.
We also must be concerned over how the materials are produced, more to come…
Definition of Fair Trade
- Organic Women’s Clothing
- People Tree is a UK company sponsored by the actress Emma Watson
- World of Good.com by Ebay is a network of website with fair trade items for sale (States that up to 30% of the cost may be donated to a charity)
- Global Girlfriend has eco-friendly products made by women around the world (Part of the World of Good network)
- Eco-Friendly Jeans
Made in the USA
- REI has a section of their website for products made in the USA.
- Toys made in the USA.
- All American Clothing
Other Consumer Guides
- Ethical Consumer based in the UK
- On Green America you can search for a report on popular retailers
- SweatFree Communities